- How much effort, really, does it take to install the polyester carpet tiles? I'm a senior citizen and don't have the strength I used to.
It requires more time & accuracy than physical strength to install CWF Flooring, Inc. peel n' stick carpet tiles. Firstly, you'll have to remove the clear plastic cover off the tile. This plastic, (saran-wrap like) maintains freshness for the pressure sensitive adhesive. Then the tiles are effortlessly but accurately positioned on the floor. Accuracy is more crucial than physical strength. Make sure the tiles are positioned as close as possible to the connecting tiles. The carpet tiles must be touching each other before pressure is exerted. Then walk softly and gently on the carpet tiles to secure the adhesive bond to the floor.
- I've noticed you have several colors and textures to choose from. Can I design a checker board design? Can I mixed different textures in the same room?
Yes you can mix colors to create a checkerboard design. As well, textures can be mixed also. Please email us some photos of your design. CWF Flooring, Inc. would like to see your design.
- My family has a semi outdoor porch and the area gets wet sometimes. Will this be a problem?
Our self-adhesive carpet tile can be used outdoors or indoors in a wet, dry hot or cold environment. The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) is engineered to adhere well in almost any environment. The carpet tiles are made of polyester. Water can't be absorbed into the carpet fiber as compared to nylon or coco fiber carpet so the carpet will never feel 'soggy.'
- Where do I start to tile the tiles? Should I start in the middle of the room or in the corner of the room?
Start to tile from one corner out, tiling toward the opposite corner. When you get near the end you'll have to measure the peel and stick carpet tiles and cut with a scissor.
- We do not want to stick the tiles to the floor. Do you have carpet tiles that just "loose-lay?"
The only option you may have are the interlocking carpet tiles. These carpet tiles does not need to be adhered to the floor. Carpeted floor mats can loose-lay.
- My wife has carpet protectors on the carpet that we'll replace with the peel and stick version. Can we use the plastic carpet protectors for the peel and stick tiles?
The peel and stick tiles are so durable that there's no need to protect them, especially from stains that fibrous standard carpets are prone to.
- What if I want to replace one of the sticky carpet tile square due to damage. How difficult is it to remove and replace the carpet tile square?
The sticky carpet tiles are designed to be removed and replaced. The adhesive can't be produced with a 'super glue' otherwise tile replacement will be too laborious.
- We have a small backyard pavilion near a swimming pool. Can the self-adhesive carpet be placed in a semi-wet area?
Yes, our carpet tiles are designed for outdoor wet areas. Furthermore, carpet will add moderate anti-slip properties to wet flooring –Vs.- wet tiles or concrete floors.
- We are looking for basement floor carpet tiles. We live in Florida, the basement get moist often. I guess the question is: Will your carpet tiles work on basements floors?
Yes, CWF Flooring, Inc.’s. carpet tile fibers are mold & mildew resistant. For superior adhesion make sure the floor is dry & clean before installation.
- Can you tell us which color you used for the pic at: http://peelandstickcarpettiles.com/images/brownshades.jpg The pic is the first photo on the scrolling “Carpet Tile Design Options?”
This consists of earth tones, heavy duty ribbed, colors: Chestnut, Stone Beige, Taupe, Walnut & Almond. Carpet tile patterns & colors are placed in an abstract manner Ribbed patterns run also abstractly. ‘Quilt-like’ carpet designs can unfold as a surprising work of artistic flooring.
- You mentioned the carpet tiles are low pile….regarding durability: how long will the 14oz. carpet tiles last –Vs- the 36oz carpet tiles?
It truly depends on the amount of foot traffic. The tiles will withstand years of regular use. CWF Flooring, Inc.’s limited warranty is valid for three years. The heavy duty carpet tiles are recommended for high traffic areas like living room, hallways and outdoor patios which are subjected to regular or high traffic usage.
- Personally, I don’t believe your crap and bull [expletive]…it “absorb” light “vibrant” colors…?The fibers are made of clear plastic (PET), then dyed during the melting process. Mirrors, aluminum will reflect light while glass and plastic will absorb light. Our carpet tiles will look vibrant on a sun-lit patio due to the light absorption.
I want to buy the ribbed carpet tiles. Must the ribbed directional pattern go the same directional while installing?
No. A ribbed carpet tile design/pattern can run perpendicular of each other. Then around the perimeter the pattern can run parallel similar to:
The heavy duty ribbed tiles have a more defined, thicker and more 'puffy' ribbed texture, FYI.
We are looking for a light brown to make contrast to our outdoor furniture. It appears that your chestnut and stone beige colors are almost alike. The question is which one is darker?
We get that question often. The stone beige is just a bit darker than the chestnut. The taupe is a bit darker, a touch browner than the almond which is closer to tan wicker. The below carpet tile swatches will clarify:
Hi there! I want a carpet tile that looks like grass for my patio. Which of the four greens look like artificial grass carpet?
The Green Space-looks like grass-is a bright green with a straight fiber versus the pebbled or ribbed carpet. The Leaf Green is the darkest, Hunter Green is the second darkest. The Green and Green space are very similar in color. The below green carpet swatches will clarify:
My husband and I would like to know which carpet tile is the thinness. We’ll place this carpet tile on a semi-outdoor patio. Part of the patio will have some rain exposure and we don’t want it to get all soggy and we want it to dry out faster.
The thinness is the single ribbed 14 oz. carpet @ 0.19” thick (4.83mm). The thickest is the ribbed heavy duty, 26 @ 0.30” (7.62mm). The below graphic will provide more specifications:
- My partner and I organize trade shows. Quick set and and break downs are a prerequisite for my clients. How much time will a 20ft. x 20ft. trade show area take to set up?
CWF's carpet tiles for trade shows are manufactured in 12" x 12" tiles. However, for quick set-up and break down they are shipped in 3ft x 3ft. sections. This will reduce set up substantially. It will take approx. 30 minutes to set up a trade show booth.
We a leaning toward a color that will bring the lightness inside of a dark bedroom. Do you have a light blue? What do you recommend?
No we do have have ligh blue indoor carpet. We have a medium blue. This color will cheer-up young people. This is a poplular carpet color for kids bedrooms and recreation rooms.
Photo Supplied By: Customer Becky of Pennsylvania