- How much effort, really, does it take to install the polyester carpet tiles? I'm a senior citizen and don't have the strength I used to.
It requires more time & accuracy than physical strength to install WearMASTER®'s peel n' stick carpet tiles. Firstly, you'll have to remove the clear plastic cover off the tile. This plastic, (saran-wrap like) maintains freshness for the pressure sensitive adhesive. Then the tiles are effortlessly but accurately positioned on the floor. Accuracy is more crucial than physical strength. Make sure the tiles are positioned as close as possible to the connecting tiles. The carpet tiles must be touching each other before pressure is exerted. Then walk softly and gently on the carpet tiles to secure the adhesive bond to the floor.
- I've noticed you have several colors and textures to choose from. Can I design a checker board design? Can I mixed different textures in the same room?
Yes you can mix colors to create a checkerboard design. As well, textures can be mixed also. Please email us some photos of your design. WearMASTER® would like to see your design.
- My family has a semi outdoor porch and the area gets wet sometimes. Will this be a problem?
Our self-adhesive carpet tile can be used outdoors or indoors in a wet, dry hot or cold environment. The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) is engineered to adhere well in almost any environment. The carpet tiles are made of polyester. Water can't be absorbed into the carpet fiber as compared to nylon or coco fiber carpet so the carpet will never feel 'soggy.'
- Where do I start to tile the tiles? Should I start in the middle of the room or in the corner of the room?
Start to tile from one corner out, tiling toward the opposite corner. When you get near the end you'll have to measure the peel and stick carpet tiles and cut with a scissor.
- We do not want to stick the tiles to the floor. Do you have carpet tiles that just "loose-lay?"
The only option you may have are the carpet floor mats. These carpet mats does not need to be adhered to the floor. They loose-lay like a rug.
- My wife has carpet protectors on the carpet that we'll replace with the peel and stick version. Can we use the plastic carpet protectors for the peel and stick tiles?
The peel and stick tiles are so durable that there's no need to protect them, especially from stains that fibrous standard carpets are prone to.
- What if I want to replace one of the sticky carpet tile squares due to damage. How difficult is it to remove and replace the carpet tile square?
The sticky carpet tiles are designed to be removed and replaced. The adhesive can't be produced with a 'super glue' otherwise tile replacement will be too laborious.
- We have a small backyard pavilion near a swimming pool. Can the self-adhesive carpet be placed in a semi-wet area?
Yes, our carpet tiles are designed for a swimming pool deck and most outdoor wet areas. Furthermore, carpet will add moderate anti-slip properties to wet flooring –Vs.- wet tiles or concrete floors. CWF Flooring, Inc's outdoor carpet tile can be used for a swimming pool deck
- We are looking for basement floor carpet tiles. We live in Florida, the basement get moist often. I guess the question is: Will your carpet tiles work on basements floors?
Yes, WearMASTER® carpet tile fibers are mold & mildew resistant. For superior adhesion make sure the floor is dry & clean before installation.
- Can you tell us which color you used for the pic at: https://peelandstickcarpettiles.com/images/brownshades.jpg The pic is the first photo on the scrolling “Carpet Tile Design Options?”
This consists of earth tones, heavy duty ribbed, colors: Chestnut, Stone Beige, Taupe, Walnut & Almond. Carpet tile patterns & colors are placed in an abstract manner Ribbed patterns run also abstractly. ‘Quilt-like’ carpet designs can unfold as a surprising work of artistic flooring.
- You mentioned the carpet tiles are low pile….regarding durability: how long will the 14oz. carpet tiles last –Vs- the 36oz carpet tiles?
It truly depends on the amount of foot traffic. The tiles will withstand years of regular use. WearMASTER®'s limited warranty is valid for three years. The heavy duty carpet tiles are recommended for high traffic areas like living room, hallways and outdoor patios which are subjected to regular or high traffic usage. The commercial-grade carpet tiles are recommended for offices, store-fronts, etc.
- Personally, I don’t believe your crap and bull [expletive]…it “absorbs” light “vibrant” colors…?
The fibers are made of clear plastic (PET), then dyed during the melting process. Mirrors, aluminum will reflect light while glass and plastic will absorb light. Our carpet tiles will look vibrant on a sun-lit patio due to the light absorption, truly.
- I want to buy the ribbed carpet tiles. Must the ribbed directional pattern go the same directional while installing?
No. A ribbed carpet tile design/pattern can run perpendicular of each other. Then around the perimeter the pattern can run parallel similar to:
The heavy duty ribbed tiles have a more defined, thicker and more 'puffy' ribbed texture, FYI.
- We are looking for a light brown to make contrast to our outdoor furniture. It appears that your chestnut and stone beige colors are almost alike. The question is which one is darker?
We get that question often. The stone beige is just a bit darker than the chestnut. The taupe is a bit darker, a touch browner than the almond which is closer to tan wicker. The below carpet tile swatches will clarify:
- Hi there! I want a carpet tile that looks like grass for my patio. Which of the four greens look like artificial grass carpet?
The Green Space-looks like a short pile, fine and tight fiber indoor grass turf -is a bright green with a straight fiber versus the pebbled or ribbed carpet. The Leaf Green is the darkest, Hunter Green is the second darkest. The Green and Green space are very similar in color. The below green carpet swatches will clarify:
- My husband and I would like to know which carpet tile is the thinness. We’ll place this carpet tile on a semi-outdoor patio. Part of the patio will have some rain exposure and we don’t want it to get all soggy and we want it to dry out faster. To the naked-eye from above the thickness will visualize as the same. Even the feel will be feel the same as you walk. Thickness perspective to a dime at: Thickness
The thinness is the single ribbed 14 oz. carpet @ 0.19” thick (4.83mm). The thickest is the ribbed heavy duty, 26 @ 0.30” (7.62mm). The below graphic will provide more specifications:
- My partner and I organize trade shows. Quick set and and break downs are a prerequisite for my clients. How much time will a 20ft. x 20ft. trade show area take to set up?
WearMASTER™ carpet tiles for trade shows are manufactured in 12" x 12" tiles. However, for quick set-up and break down they are shipped in 3ft x 3ft. sections. This will reduce set up substantially. It will take approximately 30 minutes to set up a trade show booth. Interlocking puzzle carpet tiles, common with trade shows, with a 1/2" thick foam or rubber underlayment are also available.
- My husband does not want to remove the carpet currently in the guest house. It would take just too much work. Can we place the sticky carpet tiles directly to the old carpet?
One does not have to remove the old carpet to apply the new tiles. The adhesive on the back of the carpet tile is thick and is applied to the carpet approximately 4mm wide every ½” apart. The tacky adhesive runs from end to end. This assures an even adhesion to the floor.
- I won’t leave my name after this question because it’s a dumb question. What is non-woven carpet versus woven carpet?
Dear Jane Monroe, of 23414 W. Elm Street…just kidding. Jane is not her real name. It’s a good question:
The difference is in the manufacturing process. Non-woven is produced without fibers per se. They are, molded or produced under pressurized heat; melted together via injection molding. Resulting in fibers that are all bonded to each other; fibers going cross-wise or length-wise are manufactured together. If a single fiber gets torn or weaken it will not affect the structural integrity of the surrounding fibers. That’s why if you cut the carpet tiles during the installation process it will not fray or unravel.
Woven carpet is produced with strands or strings of fibers. It is woven. The disadvantage is that it can fray and/or fibers can become lose and float in the air, also known as volatile organic compounds (VOC). Woven shag and high pile carpets are the worst for VOCs. Woven carpet are not recommended for those who are asthmatic, have allergies or sensitivities to air borne particles.
The left half of the above photo is non-woven, right half is woven.
- We a leaning toward a color that will bring the lightness inside of a dark bedroom. Do you have a light blue? What do you recommend?
No we do have have light blue indoor carpet. We have a medium blue. This color will cheer-up young people. This is a popular carpet color for kids bedrooms and recreation rooms.
- What is your SHIPPING POLICY?
Our shipping policy is at: https://peelandstickcarpettiles.com/pdf/shipping-policy.pdf
- What is your warranty?
- We live in Honolulu. Do you ship to Hawaii for free?
Sorry, we do not ship to Hawaii or Alaska for Free. Please fill out the below estimate request form, then after we'll email a shipping quote for the carpet tiles to Hawaii or Alaska.
- We have a couple of dogs and cats. Is it easy to clean their poop up if they do it on the carpet?
WearMaster® carpet will provide easy clean up. Why, because the carpet is non-absorbent, non-woven made of synthetic material. WearMaster® carpet is non-porous so stains will not permeate the fibers.
- My family and I are trying to make a difference in the ecology of our planet. How are these recycled carpet manufactured?
Please visit: About Recycled Carpet
- We understand that your carpet can be used outdoor. But really how water-proof are the tiles?
Our tiles are very water proof. Remember, 'water proof' is more than just 'water resistant.' If used on patios the carpet tiles can be hosed-off for a through cleaning. To maintain the adhesiveness, the carpet should be dried after cleaning.
- Do you sell discounted carpet tiles?
Yes, for a limited time CWF Flooring, Inc. offers carpet tile discounts. Buy 5 boxes for the price of four boxes. That's a 20% discount.
- I have two children that have sensitivities with carpet. Your website stated that the carpet is thin. So, I assume the thin or low pile carpet tiles would be better for people who have allergies or fiber sensitivities. Is that true?
Yes. According to the Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) "Low pile carpets or area rugs would likely be less of a risk. "
- I'm a teacher in a private school in Dallas, Texas. The children often eat in the classroom and consequently drop chips, etc. on the floor. We are looking for a classroom carpet tile that is easy to clean, vacuum and stain resistant.
Our carpet tiles are very appropriate for classroom. The short pile will make it easy for vacuum to suck up dirt, food and allergens. As well, the non-porous carpet fibers will provide protection against stains. This is the perfect carpet tile for classrooms. The maintenance staff will appreciate this low maintenance carpet.
- Is your carpet tile permanent or nonpermanent?
It's both. The strength of the adhesive is superior but will not adhere to the floor permanently. The tiles can be removed by hand. A scraping tool is not needed to remove the carpet and the sticky back. This feature-the ability to remove the tile by hand-presents itself with easy non-laborious replacement. Adhesive is applied on the sticky back tile in strips. This assures replacement by hand. This will save you money and time.
- What's the difference between color 'black' carpet tile and 'black ice?
Both are black but the black ice has a bit of gray. The gray touch accents the black. Kind of like 'salt and pepper' hair color but every so slight.
- We have a couple of entrance ways in our hotel lobby in New York City and need a denser carpet tile than your commercial grade carpet. Do you have a thicker entrance-way or lobby carpet tile that will suffice?
We have a lobby and/or entrance-way carpet tile-commercial grade - this is 18" x 18" x 7/16 inch thick.
- My wife is undecided on buying the sticky back carpet tiles. What if we decided to remove the sticky back carpet tile from the cement floor. How difficult is it to remove?
The sticky back carpet tiles are not a permanent floor. The tiles can be removed without tools because the sticky back adhesive tiles are applied in a stripe format. The adhesive on the reverse-side of the carpet tiles is not sprayed on in total. Rather, it's applied approximately in 3/8" strips approximately a half inch apart. Our carpet tiles are designed for semi-permanent application.
- What if the sticky carpet tile needs repair. Can your sticky back carpet tile be repaired?
No, it can't be repaired. The carpet tiles are produced with non-woven fibers. If it needs repair just remove one tile and replace it with another carpet tiles.
- We live in New York City and need a company that cleans high-end carpet?
Our carpet tile store is located in Los Angeles, CA and do not have information.
- How do we remove sticky carpet tiles?
Goof-Off Products can remove adhesive and glue. It's easy to remove sticky carpet tiles because the adhesive is designed to stay adhered to the carpet when removed from the floor. There's little adhesive residue remains on the floor when the carpet tile is pulled off the floor by hand.
- We are looking for a carpet tile with a sticky back that can be removed every three years. You see we rent our condo out and need to replace the carpet every three years for new tenants. The question is, how difficult are carpet squares to remove?
This can be removed by a strong hand. An electric sander, etc. is not needed.
- We need a 1/2" or 7/16" thick mezzanine carpet tile for a hotel. The heavy duty carpet tile needs to be very durable and weather resistant. What do you recommend?
CWF Flooring, Inc. has a entryway-lobby carpet tile that has color, texture and pattern options.
- We live in Rochester, NY and wanted to know if there are any carpet cleaning company that can clean our peel and stick tiles?
Carpet Cleaning Rochester Can help! They can use a gentle cleaning agent and will make sure they do not damage your tiles.
- My wife and I are looking for a gray peel and stick carpet tile for a semi-outdoor patio. Which gray is the lightest?
We have gunmetal-the darkest gray and color sky gray is the lightest. The sky gray which has a 10% blue tint. The blue in sky gray is not noticeable.
- We are looking for a high pile carpet tile for our living room. A carpet that has comfort to our feet and when our kids play on the carpet floor. Will your carpet provide softness to the feet?
No, our carpet is not a high pile carpet. CWF Flooring, Inc's carpet tiles are thin pile, which is thinner than low pile carpet. If you want a luxury high pile carpet, this is not the carpet for you, sorry.
- What if the sticky carpet tile needs repair. Can your sticky back carpet tile be repaired?
No, it can't be repaired. The carpet tiles are produced with non-woven fibers. If it needs repair just remove one tile and replace it with another carpet tiles. Buying an extra box should be considered.
- We want a carpet tile with padding. Does your self stick carpet tile square have a padding?
Our carpet tiles do not have a foam padding or rubber underlayment. Carpet tiles with padding would not be appropriate for indoor/outdoor applications because of it would attract moisture and hence mold & mildew. Thin carpet tiles without padding is recommended for basements were there's high moisture content. As well, thin carpet is less likely to get that musky smell.
- We live in Los Angeles condo and have a small balcony and want a removable grass looking rug. It must be water proof and UV resistance. Do you have a product like that?
We have a 6x8 artificial grass rug for terraces and balconies. Yes, it's water resistant and will not fade in direct sun light. There's 3 types of of the fake grass rugs: Light grade, medium grade and landscape grade with a 1-1/2" high grass pile. A fake grass carpet tile is also available.
- We need a boat carpet for the outdoor part of our floor hull. The carpet for the boat must be water proof and dry out quickly?
Our carpet tiles are designed for outdoor environments. And yes, they will dry out quickly due to its thinness and it's void of an attached underlay.
- Our applications is non-traditional. We want to use this as a temporary flooring . The carpet tiles will be applied to a wood floor for the weekend and then removed after the special event. Will your product meet our needs?
Yes, the carpet tile adhesive is non- permanent so the tiles can be pulled off by hand. However, it may not be applied again because the tile will lose it's square ness.
- We would like to alternate textures of the same color and we'll not sure how that would look. We were thinking to mix the ribbed texture and the crochet textured carpet tile. Do you have a photo of this combination?
Textures and well as colors can be mixed and both different colors with difference textures. Our customers come with some attractive designs to meet their artistic desires. Your designer carpet tile design is at: Carpet Tile Design
- You folks have a buy 5 boxes for the price of 4 boxes sale...nice... If I buy different colors of the peel and stick carpet tiles does this qualify for the sale?
Yes it does. If you buy two boxes of one color and 3 of another color you'll still get out box free.
- Do you sell a green indoor turf like carpet?
We have an Artificial Grass Rug, for outdoors, 6ft. 8ft.
- We are in need of a stick on carpet tile for outdoors. However, the concrete it will be adhered to is cracked and unsightly. Do you think your outdoor carpet tile will cover up the cracks / will the crack show or be felt when walking on it?
Without us being there to inspect the outdoor area it's difficult to advise you. If the crack is thin (1/4"-) we do not see a problem; if the crack is thick (1/2"+) then we suggest to fill the crack up with weather-resistant chalk before applying the outdoor carpet tile.
- The color and texture options you offer are impressive. But are all of the tiles a stick on carpet tile?
The pebbled, ribbed, mosaic, crochet are all stick on carpet tile. The entry way, lobby and mezzanine carpet tiles need adhesive.
- I'm looking to stick the carpet tiles to a concrete floor. Will your self adhesive carpet tile stick to the concrete well?
Yes it will. That's want the strong non-permanent adhesive is engineered to do. Make sure the concrete is clean and wax and oil free. Please give our customer support a call at 1-661-273-8700 for further assistance.
- We are looking for a plastic patio tile that is waterproof and anti-slip?
An outdoor perforated plastic tile for patios can be purchased
For softer plastic tiles for showers, locker rooms, pls. visit: https://cartwheelfactory.com/plastic_decking.html
- We are searching for a basement carpet tile. Is your carpet tile appropriate for a basement floor?
Yes, indeed. Our carpet tile is water resistant and suited for a moist basement floor. Since our tile does not have a foam or any type of underlay, moisture will not build up and develope into a mildew. Let us rephrase, mildew is very less likely to materialize.
- Ok dumb questions here: We'll use the outdoor carpet tiles for our exposed patio. When it get dirty should we use a vacuum or can we sweep the debris off the outdoor carpet?
The outdoor carpet tiles are design to be sweep with a broom; however the smaller dirt particles may need a vacuumed. Since the carpet tiles are waterproof you can use a water hose to remove fine dirt particles. If you have a leaf blower you can use it to dry the carpet off quicker.
- Can carpet tiles be used outside?
Yes, however not all carpet tiles are designed for used outdoor applications. Thick carpet or carpet with a foam underlay will attract and hold moisture and therefore result in mold and mildew. CWF's carpet is thin without an underlay and will not hold moisture / will dry out faster. As well, the carpet material is produced from non-woven closed-cell fiber which does not hold moisture. Our carpet tile is designed for outdoor and moist basements.
- My better half and I would like to see some of the carpet tile design options you have?
The carpet tile designs options are numerous. Pls view our carpet design options at:https://peelandstickcarpettiles.com/carpet-tile-designs.html
Photo of Bedroom Stick On Carpet Tile Supplied By: Customer Becky of Pennsylvania